Thursday 31 December 2015

Always Running Out of Time

It seems I've managed to create a mountain of stress for myself these holidays. At first it seemed like I had far too much free time and now I don't know how I'm going to get everything done!
I mentioned previously that I would be making each of my family members something for their birthdays. Seemed like a good idea until you factor in that;
a. I start full time work in just a few days,
b. Will be working 7 days for the next 2 months, and
c. There are 5 birthdays during January and February.
Suddenly, my projects seem more like work than recreation!

I'm powering on though. I've pretty much started everyone's projects or at least have a solid idea in my head. It's just a matter of finding the time to complete them now. And I will.

Meanwhile, this is what is currently on my plate;
Bridgette Crochet Bustier by Factorie
My sister requested that I make her this before summer is over.
I hope to have it done before the end of January so she actually gets to wear it. But unfortunately, as simple as it looks, it is so time consuming!
Plus...I made a mistake! And the DAYS worth of work I had completed, has to be redone. Devastation.
Photo coming...
I'm still making the tunics for my cousins. One down, one more to go. Sort of. I still need to block the first one. I'll do it...eventually. The second has been started too in the meantime.
Photo coming...
For my paternal grandmother I was thinking of making some crocheted tea towels. You know the one's you find in every Italian household. I know they don't sound like the most exciting thing ever, but I reckon she'll really like them.
I know this wonderful lady who makes them all the time. I'll have to get her to show me how she does it. I found some awesome pink and orange tea towels that I thought would look really cute with a bright blue thread.
Top-Down Shawl
Top-Down Shawl by Red Heart
For my maternal grandmother I wanted to make her a nice shawl to cover her shoulders when she's watching TV. I found this great simple pattern by Red Heart which I thought would be perfect in a patchy grey yarn. I didn't want anything too austentatious.
Photo coming...
And last of all, I wanted to make a striped cardigan for my other cousin. She's 5 and has EVERYTHING. Except a handmade cardi from me. So that's what she's getting this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment