Thursday 21 January 2016

Closing Walls and Ticking Clocks

My, my. Time really flies, doesn't it? I can't believe that this is my first post of the new year. Not that I have much to say. It has been a crazy last couple of weeks. I've barely had time for anything remotely enjoyable. That's not to say my work isn't interesting. But it has been completely consuming. And exhausting. And a little mind numbing by the end of each day.

But I don't want to discuss work, I'm feeling overwhelmed just thinking about it. On to bigger and brighter things! In spite of the craziness that is my life right now, I have managed to accomplish a bit in the way of my projects.

So here's a little bit of a progress report (with pictures!):
Striped Tunic



As previously mentioned, I finished one of the tunics, but I didn't get the chance to take some photos of it before I gave it away. This is the second one I've been working on though. The only difference is the stripe colour. Hopefully I'll have a chance to take some photos of this one when it's finished and blocked before I have to wrap it up.




My Imitation of Factorie's Bridgette Bustier





The crocheted top I'm imitating from Factorie is growing oh so slowly. I honestly thought it would be much faster since it's basically just one stitch the entire time. Such is not the case. If I go too fast, I make mistakes. And then I have to pull it apart. Again. So better to go slow and steady.





Shawl


My maternal grandmother's shawl is coming along quite nicely. I do it while I'm on the train, which is handy. It's quite big now so it keeps my legs warm in the extreme air-con conditions.



Tea Towel Project Materials



I haven't started my paternal grandmother's tea towels yet but I do have all the materials now. My sister helped me with the impossible task of choosing which tea towel went with each thread. We're both satisfied with our choices.
And I managed to dig up an old tea towel of ours that I want to copy. So now I have that to create a pattern from.





Striped Cardi


My other cousins cardigan is still at about 20 rows, right where I left it. I became a bit panicked about my other projects, and since her birthday is the latest of all the upcoming ones, this project has been relegated. I have a feeling I may regret that decision though. I think it's a bigger project than I gave it credit for.




So that is what I'm working on right now. There's a few other things I'd like to add to that list but I think I should make some space first...But anywho. Enough of this! I can't spend any more time talking about knitting! I need to hustle and get those projects done!

No comments:

Post a Comment