Thursday 25 February 2016

The Fundamental Things Apply

Well I am just a bundle of boredom lately. That is, in part, the reason for my not posting in SO long. The other part is of course the fact that I barely have time to sleep anymore, let alone use my computer for fun.
And even so, my life has become a little repetitive. Better not to repeat my grievances over and over. It gets a little dry.

Even though I am in desperate need of a "fun-tervention", I have been putting my daily commute to good use. Several of my knitting and crochet deadlines (hereinafter known as "KC deadlines") have been made! YAY!

So here is a little progress report, lets take it from the top (no pun intended):

Project Title:Seriously Striped Toddler Tunic
Status:COMPLETE
Notes:Finally finished and blocked. Just need to wrap for this weekend! Pretty damn cute if I do say so myself.
Evidence:
_______________________________________________
Project Title:Totally Traditional Tea Towels
Status:COMPLETE
Notes:Such a great quick project. And I found out later that the tea towel I was imitating was made by great grandmother before she died. I think it's a nice little legacy that I used her design.
Evidence:

_______________________________________________
Project Title:Surely Warm Shawl
Status:COMPLETE
Notes:It's chunky. It's heavy. And it's warm. If she doesn't wear it, I'm taking it back and keeping it for myself. It's too snuggly to go to waste.
Evidence:I have none! I forgot to take a photo before I gave it away :(

_______________________________________________
Project Title:Brilliantly Bold Bustier
Status:COMPLETE
Notes:I'd say I'm at about 80% now, doing the chest part. It builds really quickly now with the decreases, thank goodness! It felt like torture doing the bottom rows! I hope to get that done by the end of the week.
Evidence:n/a




_______________________________________________
Project Title:My So Called Striped Cardi
Status:Incomplete
Notes:The cardi is growing. Slowly. I started working on it in earnest last night hoping to make some progress since her birthday is in early March and I've basically only done the rib of the back piece so far. Hopefully, I can find a rhythm and knit quickly! And if anyone has tips on how to speed knit, I'm all ears.
Evidence:n/a



_______________________________________________
Project Title:Fantastically Fanatical Footy Scarf
Status:New (Not Started)
Notes:I know, I know. New project...am I crazy. Yes. But not because of this. Dad's birthday is right after Alice's so I've gotta get a move on. I decided I wanted to make him a footy scarf of his team's colours. I found a tubular scarf pattern that should work nicely. I plan to change the cast on and off, but after I set up the foundation I expect it to grow really quickly since I can just knit, knit, knit. No purling allowed.
Evidence:n/a

No comments:

Post a Comment