Friday 1 July 2016

Colour My Life with the Chaos of Trouble

Freedom has never tasted so sweet.


As you can see in the above photo strip, I've been pretty busy with my projects this semester. Despite nearly having a mental breakdown from the stress overload of the last few weeks, I've managed to keep my cool long enough to get these projects finished! I am so excited that I am finally on holidays (sort of). And I can at last check off some of the things on my ever growing to do list.

It's gotten pretty cold here, so I'm loving the nights where I can curl up on the couch with the TV, a cup of tea and my craft. My latest project, which I have almost finished, is an imitation of this bustier. It's been slow going because of the tight crochet stitches but I'm on the home stretch now. Just about finished stitching in the lining. I forgot how much hand embroidery hurts.
For the halter straps, I decided to do Romanian point lace. I love the look and since the bustier is quite heavy, it won't cut into the skin the way a plain chain would.
If I have time this winter, I'd love to attempt the Beekeeper's Quilt by Tiny Owl Knits. I've admired it for so long, and always brushed it aside because I didn't think I could follow through on it. Admittedly, I've started blankets and throws before and never finished them, so why should this be different? I love it so much though. It's just my style. I'm tempted to undo my previous attempts and use the yarn to give it a go. I'm think that if I don't follow through and finish the whole quilt, I could just use the hexagons to make a cat cocoon. I'm sure my cat will love that.
The Beekeeper's Quilt by Tiny Owl Knits
I've got a few more weeks before uni starts back up and my stress levels rise again. So I plan to make the most of my short break. I know that it will fly by. It always does. Hopefully my next post will show some progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment