Wednesday 21 October 2015

The Infinite Square Project

So this is one of the things I am currently working on. I get bored easily, so I'm always starting new projects. Here is...

The Granny Square Tote


Tada!

Obviously this is just a sketch of the concept. The idea is to make a bunch of granny squares, stitch them together and then attach them to a plain tote bag.

I came up with the notion to make this when I realised my canvas bag that I use for uni was falling apart. I figured it would be a quick project to distract me from the stress generated by the looming end of semester.
Boy, was I wrong. It's not quite infinite but there is nothing quick about making 32 granny squares. Though I admit it has helped me to de-stress. When I need a break, I find a quick video to watch and allow myself to mindlessly stitch away.

Surprisingly, despite amount of time required to completion, I haven't given up yet. I've made all my squares now and I'm up to stitching them together.


Once I'm done and have a clear height and width measurement, I can sew the calico lining. Yay.

Also, I want to acknowledge Meladora's Creations. I was hunting on Pinterest for a granny square pattern to use and I stumbled onto the lovely "Lacy Flower Granny Square". I altered it slightly to suit my needs but mostly followed the pattern found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment