Thursday 19 May 2016

Obsessed with the Dress

My mind is completely stuck on ruffles right now. It's all I can think about. I can't focus on my assignments because it's far too tempting to Google "how tos" on how to knit and crochet ruffles. Damn my lack of willpower.


It all started with Pinterest. Yes. I am one of those people. But I promise I do not have a wedding board. I do however have a cat board. I'm proud of that one.

 Mak Tumang GownI digress. I was just scrolling through my feed, as you do, and I came across this stunning gown. It was pink and pouf-y and so completely feminine. Almost disgustingly princess-like. But I haven't been able to get it out of my mind. I want to knit it. Not human size of course. Barbie size. For my cousin's collection.


A quick Google search revealed that it's a Mak Tumang gown. Who is now fast becoming a favourite designer of mine.

Obviously, a knitted version would not look exactly the same. I doubt I could achieve a "tulle" look with yarn. And a full but light skirt might be tricky. But I want to try. I think it would be a fun project.

For a while now I've had the idea of knitting Barbie sized versions of gowns from images I've found. I love the really ornate and intricate designs I come across and I'd love to imitate it on a smaller scale. I'd especially love to create recognisable gowns. Like from events, movies and of course Disney princesses.

I think this gown would be easy enough to complete. I've got the pattern in my mind, it would very simple. I think achieving the fullness would just mean that it would be time consuming. And time is hard to find. Not that time stops me. Somehow I still get these things done. I'm magic. Spread it around.

No comments:

Post a Comment